Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We're Going to the Chapel.....

Last August my brother and sister-in-law got married and I had the honor of doing all the wedding preperations! I was so psyched Leslie asked me to put it together. I really love party planning. Since this was a second wedding, the decorations and flowers needed to to elegant yet simple. Leslie choose a white and black dress and what goes better with black and white than red?  For Leslie's bouquet, I made a simple bundle and tied it with twine.
I used red  and white roses and accented with rhinestones and pearls. I think it turned out pretty great and was perfect for the dressed up- casual occasion.  On the tables I used mason jars and wrapped the top in twine and added fresh red roses. I got a pack of mirrors at Walmart and used them as "chargers".

I love the look of fresh red roses! They are gorgeous.  For the cake, I had a local bakery make a cream colored rosette cake. I love the the look of this cake and was very pleased with how it turned out.
The cake stand I got from Crate and Barrell outlet. It was originally white but I spray painted it ivory and added the black ribbon. Your can change the ribbon out for whatever occasion you need :) I thought it was pretty clever.
The Happy Couple!   Happy Crafting~ Marissa :)

2 comments:

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

Great job. I love it! Please consider sharing this with my readers over at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-10.html
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

So, so pretty! Thanks for linking up to our Sleepy Sunday blog hop linky party!!

Leanne @ because (i think) i can