Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Art

The other day I was at my dear friend Denise's house and her daughter Shalyn showed me an art project she had just completed scrapbook paper and glitter~ which by the way are two of my favorite things ;) So being the copy cat that I am (with Shalyn's blessing of course) decided to make myself one for Valentines day. So basically you will need:
  1. A canvas (any cheap kind will do)
  2. Printed paper ( I like the vintage look my self)
  3. mod-podge or glue
  4. paint (optional)
  5. glitter
First, I painted around the edges of the canvas with the black paint so it would look finished, but that was just a personal choice. Next, I glue on the paper. I chose to arrange them up and down, but you could certainly make it look more like a collage. Last, I cut out a heart and slapped on some mod-podge and  glitter, added some foam squares to the back and boom~ you got some Valentine Art! Happy Crafting~ marissa :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, that's SO pretty! Love it! Would you share it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/shine-on-fridays-11-and-giveaway.html

Michelle Paige said...

You have some fun valentine ideas! I love this canvas art! Would you be willing to link up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

Michelle Paige said...

Thanks so much for linking this up! This is my favorite of your valentine posts---so beautiful!